With more than sixty years of proven success in and out of the courtroom, Leahey & Johnson, P.C., is the preeminent trial and appellate law firm in New York City.
Since its founding in 1953 by the late Judge Joseph M. Leahey and Peter James Johnson, the law firm has evolved into a performance-oriented, standard-setting specialist in trials and appeals of tort, commercial and corporate matters throughout the greater New York Metropolitan area. The firm’s many achievements have earned Leahey & Johnson the highest possible rating (“AV”) for ethical standards and legal ability from Martindale Hubbell – a distinction shared by its founding and managing members, Peter James Johnson and Peter James Johnson, Jr. respectively. In addition, Peter James Johnson, Jr. has been selected as a “Super Lawyer” in the New York Metro area for the last five years.
Leahey & Johnson offers its clients a breadth of expertise and an unparalleled record of success in trials and appeals of all matters, including:
• General Premises and Transportation Liability
• Commercial, Business and Corporate Litigation
• Complex and Catastrophe Litigation
• Insurance Coverage and Litigation
• Product, Medical and Life Sciences Liability
• Workplace, Labor Law and Premises Liability
• Entertainment and Media Litigation
• Employment, Not-for-Profit, Church and Cemetery Liability and Litigation
• Workers’ Compensation and Subrogation
• Crisis Management and Corporate Counseling
With a floor of offices at 120 Wall Street and a diverse, energetic legal staff comprised of twenty-five attorneys, Leahey & Johnson is big enough to get the job done, but not so big that our clients get lost in the thicket of cases that larger firms take on. We offer dedication to success and an unswerving commitment to personal service and loyalty to our clients, and we pride ourselves on a quick response to their needs.
These are just some of the qualities that have made Leahey & Johnson synonymous with winning in the courtroom. We are proud to again be named in The Best Lawyers in America, having earned that distinction every year since the volume was first published.